Join the 14 Day Gov Geek Challenge
LEARN FUNDAMENTAL STRATEGIES TO BUILD A PURPOSE DRIVEN CAREER IN PUBLIC SERVICE
Take the 14 Day Gov Geek Challenge for government employees
Challenge begins in May
Due to the hands-on nature of this challenge and our personalized approach we can only take on limited numbers
The problem faced by government employees is that the on the job work and the skill set of career management are very different. Public servants are passionate about the work they do, yet they find it challenging to secure their dream job and find fulfillment in their work.
A career in government can be a rewarding and fulfilling experience. But, there are challenges to getting hired and promoted. From wading through a dizzying amount of options and navigating a complex hiring process to properly showcasing your abilities and earning promotions, defining your government career is challenging.
In short, you end up frustrated and feeling like you want to stop trying, because you're not actually doing the work you love!
To build a solid, sustainable government career requires consistent effort over time. And consistent effort requires a plan, a structure, and a commitment.
This challenge is designed not only to give you a blueprint of what a successful government career strategy looks like, but also a head start to implement it and make it a reality.
It’s built on the tried-and-true methodology that we’ve used since 1999. A formula that has helped myself and hundreds of our clients create highly successful, full-time government careers that deliver fulfillment at serving the needs of the public.
And best of all? It allows you to focus on the work you love!
At the end of this challenge, you will have implemented a repeatable, proven process that shows you how to target, apply to, and interview for rewarding government positions. From then on, all you have to do is rinse and repeat throughout your career.
Make no mistake, there is no magic formula that will instantly propel you into a successful full-time government career, that’s why as we guide you through the 14 days you will learn the foundational formula that will teach you what it really takes!
One thing is for certain – by the time you attend the graduation webinar on day 14, you’ll be set up with the exact processes you need to build your government career into a full-time a rewarding adventure that brings you fulfillment and value to the public we serve.
Over 14 days we will work together in a private Facebook group to create ALL of the elements you need for success. We will:
Target the job series and career paths that align with your passions and interests.
Conduct market research to identify the fields that have the best potential for entry and sustained career growth.
Craft your career message from your story. This is how we connect with human capital experts and hiring managers in the most meaningful way.
- Position your expertise to hiring officials. We’ll simplify and align your qualifications with position and career evaluation criteria to showcase your qualifications.
- Craft an impactful resume and executive summary that moves your professional networks and key decision makers alike.
- Build meaningful career networking strategies that connect you with mentors, sponsors, and decision makers to attract more growth opportunities to you.
- Become comfortable conducting informational and position interviews. We’ll teach you how to present live with repetitive practice as it is critical to develop this skill and be able to clearly articulate your message when it counts.
- Craft your career message. We’ll work together to create compelling talking points that clearly present you as an authority in your field and subject matter expert in your career level.
- Learn how to follow up and get referrals, recommendations, and job offers. I’ll teach you our signature career strategy process, step-by-step, so you have a system to identify and secure meaningful career opportunities!
Q: How much of a time commitment will this take every day?
A: On average you might need about 1 hour a day for this challenge. The daily educational videos are about 30 minutes and the follow up action activities can take about the same. There is opportunity to put in more time if you have it but it was designed keeping in mind that time might be a limiting factor for some. If you can set aside an hour a day you will more than succeed!
Q: Do I need a resume or significant work experience to do this?
A: No. The process we’ll be taking you through doesn’t require any of that, although you can use them if you have them. Many of our clients believe they don't have enough 'real experience' at first only to realize they have more than enough already! The only requirement is that you have at least a personal Facebook profile.
Q: Do I need to buy any software packages or systems for this to work?
A: No. The idea is to focus on the process, not the tools. A standard computer with word processing software and an internet connection is all that is needed.
Q: I’m uncomfortable with submitting a lot of job applications. Do you cover this on the Challenge?
A: Yes. I’ll show you a way to target meaningful jobs with a high likelihood of a job offer that is comfortable and actually works.